Description of the ListingCozy Hawaiian Studio...the right place at the right price, steps from the beach, free Wifi
This quiet studio condo in North Kihei sleeps 2 people. The well kept complex offers a nice pool, jacuzzi, tennis court, BBQ area and on site laundry. The full kitchen offers the budget traveller the option of cooking although restaurants are close at hand.
Venture across the street to the Kalepolepo Beach Park offering a quiet beach with calm shallow waters for easy wading (historically walled off for an ancient fishpond reserved for Hawaiian royalty). Beside the park add to this culture, free visits to the Hawaiian Island Humpback Whale Education Center to inform and captivate. Just North again, take a walk on one of the longest continuous stretches of beach on Maui.
Amenities close by offer restaurants, pharmacy, grocery market, salon and outdoor markets for Hawaiian keepsakes. Along South Kihei Road, take in water sport opportunities, surf shops, bars and the night life.
|General||Air Conditioning, Parking, Private Lanai, Linens Provided, Beach Chairs Provided, Shared Pool, Shared Hot Tub, Garden View, on site coin laundry room|
|Beds||Murphy Bed - 1, Queen size|
|Entertainment||Cable or Satellite TV|
|Kitchen||Full Kitchen, Refrigerator, Oven, Stove, Dishwasher, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Toaster|
|Other||Iron, Ironing Board, Alarm Clock, Radio, Telephone, Ceiling Fan, Free Long Distance within North America, Common property Gas BBQ near pool|
Tennis Court in Court Yard, bring your rackets for a match.
Listing Owner Information
Darilyn Dennis, Homeowner
|Time Period||Nightly||Weekly||Monthly||Min Stay|
|07/01/18 - 08/31/18||$48||$48||$48||7 nights|
|09/01/18 - 12/15/18||$62||$62||$57||4 nights|
|12/16/18 - 01/05/19||$72||$72||$67||5 nights|
|12/20/18 - 01/04/19||$82||$82||$77||7 nights|
|01/05/19 - 04/15/19||$79||$79||$73||30 nights|
Rates do not include 14.416% Hawaii Tax, #W39743646-01. Add $80 check out cleaning fee for stays less than 8 nights. Based on two person occupancy, $10/per additional person per night. $200 dollars security/damage deposit required at booking. Payment by Paypal. Balance is due 45 days prior to arrival. No smoking. Pets not allowed.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
For cancellations more than 45 days before arrival, the cancellation fee is $50. If you cancel 45 days or less prior to arrival, the full amount of rent will be due. If the unit is re-booked to another party for the same dates, you will be refunded the amount we are able to recover. Travel insurance is advised.
Rates are displayed in US Dollars. $200 dollars security/damage deposit is due within 10 business days from the date of booking. The balance is due 45 days prior to arrival. Payments by Paypal are accepted.
This is a payment of $200 collected from the guest to cover possible damage to the property. It is fully refunded within 15 business days if there are no damages. We inventory and inspect the property before and after every stay.The guest will be charged for missing items, excessive cleaning, violations of the house rules, and any damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear.
KIHEI BAY SURF HOUSE RULES
The following are the House Rules as adopted for the Kihei Bay Surf Condominium, which shall
apply to all Owners and Occupants:
I. Association of Apartment Owners:
1. The Board of Directors of the Apartment Owner's Association reserves the right to make
or amend such other House Rules may be deemed needful for the safety, care, or
cleanliness of the premises, or for securing the comfort and convenience of all the
2. The owner or their agent is responsible at all times for tenants in the unit Should the
owner or his agent be unable to control the conduct of the tenant or guest in accordance
with all rules and laws of the Association, the owner or his agent shall, when requested
by the Board or Resident Manager, immediately remove offending party from the
premises, without compensation for lost rentals or any other damage resulting therein.
3. The Manager is provided with a passkey to every building and every unit within the
condominium project In case of emergency, he may enter any building or unit as he may
deem necessary; in which case, he shall promptly notify the owner and occupant of the
reason and result of such entry.
4. All tenants, long or short term, must be registered with the Resident Manager.
5. Violations of the House Rules should be reported promptly to the Manager who will
initiate corrective action as and when appropriate. Non-compliance of these House Rules
will result in: l' instance - a written warning. 2nd instance of the same rule - a fine of
$50.00 by written notice. 3rd instance of the same rule - continued fines and/or written
notice of eviction.
6. Maintenance employees are under the sole direction of the Manager during certain
prescribed hours of work. They shall in no case be diverted to the private business or
employment of any owner, occupant, or guest Maintenance of individually owned units,
including lanais and/or windows is the responsibility of their respective owners and/or
7. Management reserves the right to have any vehicles, not in accordance with posted
rules and Section IV of the House Rules, removed at the owner's expense.
1. No studio unit shall be regularly occupied by more than two persons. Regularly occupied
means occupancy for a period of time in excess of twenty-eight (28) consecutive days or
forty-two (42) days calendar year.
2. No occupant shall make or permit any disturbing noises in the building or anywhere on
the premises; nor do anything that will interfere with the rights, comfort, or convenience of
other tenants. Special care in this respect shall be observed between 9:PM and 8:AM.
3. If the tenant wishes to have more than two (2) guests using the common elements at a
given time, permission must be obtained from the Resident Manager.
4. Guests must be accompanied by tenants at all times when using the common elements.
5. Due to the increased cost of electricity, added caution should be used in conserving
energy and electricity must be turned off when not in use.
6. The water shall not be left running for any unreasonable length of time.
7. The water closets and plumbing system shall not be used for any purpose other than for
which they were constructed, and no sanitary napkins, sweepings, rubbish, rags, ashes,
paper, etc., shall be throw therein. Any damage resulting to the plumbing system for
misuse of any nature or character whatsoever shall be paid for by the person causing it.
8. No activity shall be engaged in and no substances introduced into or manufactured within
any building, which might result in violation of the law or in the cancellation of insurance
or increase in the insurance rate on the building within the project. Absolutely no
barbecue equipment or gas equipment or vehicles will be allowed within the confines of
any building or lanai at any time. All barbecuing will be done in the designated barbecue
area provided adjacent to the pool.
1. Household pets shall not be kept in the units or on property at any time.
1. Parking areas are for the use of residents and residents guests only.
2. In keeping with the image of Kihei Bay Surf as primarily a vacation resort complex, no
industrial type or commercial vehicles, nor any unsightly or dilapidated vehicles or
vehicles whose dimensions exceed existing regulated parking stall dimensions are
allowed in the parking areas or elsewhere on the premises.
3. Only two vehicles per unit are authorized to park in the complex. All vehicles parked on
the property will be in operable and street legal condition with current registration and
safety sticker attached or their removal will be required by the Resident Manager, all
costs incurred to be at owner's expense. All vehicles shall park head in within the lines of
designated stalls only! No reverse parking will be permitted. Boats, trailers, etc., may not
be stored on the property. Vehicles belonging to owners who do not reside at the
property may not be storedlparked at Kihei Bay Surf if their unit is being rented long or
4. The speed limit in the parking area is 5 m.p.h.
5. Repairs of vehicles on the premises are prohibited except in the case of emergency.
6. All motorcycles will be walked upon entrance to the property.
7. Car washing in designated area only.
V. Common Elements:
1. All units will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition. Timely replacement of
decrepit or broken screens, windows, curtains or any other appurtenance influencing the
common elements of the unit is the responsibility of the owner or his agent. Pest control
is mandatory and the unit will be available for pest control spraying and/or inspection
when requested by the Resident Manager.
2. The common halls, sidewalks, and stairways shall not be obstructed or used for any
purposes other than ingress and egress for the units.
3. Appropriate furniture only will be permitted on lanai areas, and plants will have a drip pan
so there is no leakage to unit below. Lanais will not be used for storage of any nature.
4. Any additions or appendages to the buildings, doors and lanais, such as TV antennas,
flag poles, cloth lines, air conditioners, fences, walls, signs, doorknockers, doorbells, etc.,
are prohibited without the written consent of the Board of Directors of the Owner's
Association. Nor shall any owner or occupant decorate, landscape, or place other
improvements on or in the courtyard area, garden terrace, or similar limited common
elements appurtenant to his unit.
5. No garments, towels, rugs, or other objects shall be hung from the windows or the lanai
railings of any unit. No objects will be set on lanai rails.
6. No occupant shall interfere in any manner with any utility or mechanical apparatus in or
about any building or the common elements.
7. Personal washers and/or dryers are not permitted in the units because of their inequitable
use of common utilities and alteration to common elements.
8. All damages to any building or other element or the complex shall be paid for by the
person causing the damage or by the owner of the unit involved.
9. No climbing on or over lanais to enter units will be permitted.
10. Children are not permitted to loiter or play in or on the common sidewalks, stairways,
driveways, and tennis court.
11. Occupants are not allowed to put their names in any entry passageway, vestibule, hall or
stairway of the buildings.
12. Household trash shall be placed in dumpsters only, and no refuse, garbage or trash of
any kind shall be thrown, placed or kept on any common element of the project, except in
the trash containers.
13. Tennis courts close after dark and are for the use of tenants and guests only.
VI. POOL RULES
1. Pool hours are from 9:AM to 9:30PM daily.
2. Occupants and their guests may use the pool at their own risk.
3. WARNING: No lifeguard is on duty.
4. Unregistered guests using pool area must be accompanied by owner or registered
5. For reasons of health, use of the Jacuzzi by children under the age of twelve is not
recommended by the management Children while using the Jacuzzi must be
accompanied by an adult in the Jacuzzi. PARENTAL DISCRETION IS ADVISED. Use by
babies with or without diapers, by incontinent adults or by people with health problems is
6. No running allowed in pool area.
7. Diving or jumping is permitted from the pool edge only. No cannon-ball jumping, Marco-
Polo, or other disruptive behavior will be allowed.
8. No items are to thrown in the pool area.
9. No cut-offs are permitted in the pool or Jacuzzi. Only swimsuits will be worn.
10. No games are permitted in the pool.
11. No loud noises are permitted at any time.
12. No pets are allowed.
13.lf the tenant wishes to have more than two (2) guests using the area at a given time,
permission must be obtained from the Resident Manager.
14. No bather may enter the water that is obviously incontinent or a child not toilet trained
unless a covered by tight water-proof pants is worn or the person wears a swim diaper.
15. Management reserves the right to refuse use of the pool area to any individual.
16. All disposable diapers must be removed from the pool area by parent or individual
changing the child.
17. No radios, tape-players, boom boxes or TV's are allowed in the pool area without
18. Board of Health regulations requires that: A) All persons known or suspected of being
afflicted with an infectious disease, or wearing bandages shall be excluded from using
the pool and Jacuzzi. B) Spitting, spouting water from the mouth or blowing the nose in
the swimming pool are strictly prohibited.
The foregoing House Rules were adopted by the Board of Directors of the Kihei Bay Surf
Owner's Association on the 13 day of January, 1981 and revised on June 19, 1986, September
18,1986, August 10,1989, March 20,1991, and December 4, 1996, revised on May 15,2004.