HomeyHawaii.com is always interested in adding informative and original Hawaii-related posts. We are looking for content, that benefits visitors to our beautiful islands as well as local businesses. It’s easy to submit a guest post. If you have a story about you recent visit to Hawaii, about a museum or a hike or a business that surpassed your expectations, you are welcome to share it here. If you own a business in Hawaii or often use a local business that you love, this is the right place to let the world know.
HomeyHawaii doesn’t offer payments for your Guest Posts. You will have a choice of your Author Name to be published with the article, as well as up to 3 links to your personal or business website or blog.
Guest Post Submission Guidelines
Accepted and Encouraged Guest Posts
- Guest Posts must have original content, not published anywhere else on the Internet.
- Each Guest Post should be at least 700 words long. There is no upper limit on the amount of words as long as the content is on the same topic.
- Guest Posts, promoting established local businesses, are accepted if they contain an informative story about creation of the business, description of its features and the value it brings to Hawaii residents and visitors.
- We encourage breaking your Guest Post into a few sections with subheadings, using shorter sentences and paragraphs, and using bulleted lists where appropriate.
- Try to include detailed explanations and useful tips into your Guest Posts.
- Make sure to check all links in your submission – they need to be valid and relevant.
- Examples of quality guest posts on different topics:
Nature – Everyday Hawaii Animals
Personal experience – A Family of Five’s Journey to the Friendly Isle
Music – Kolohe Kai ‘This is the Life’
Activity – Lanikai Pillbox Hike
Not Accepted Guest Posts
- Guest Posts, irrelevant to Hawaii.
- Apparently self-promoting submissions with low-quality content.
- Too low-quality or vague and generic writings that don’t add value to readers.
- Any abusive or evoking negative feelings content.
After You Submit a Guest Post
- We will review your Guest Post within 5 business days and email back, telling you whether we will publish your story. In case we accept it, we’ll also let you know when we can get it published. We might ask some clarifying questions on the content.
- We publish 1-2 articles per week, and sometimes it takes 2-3 weeks to get published.
- You will be encouraged to submit more photos to be published with the article.
- HomeyHawaii reserves the right to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as well as make stylistic changes to your original writing, in order for it to pass our grammar and style checker. The corrected version will be emailed to you for approval before publishing.
- Published content is property of HomeyHawaii.com. You can request to unpublish your Guest Post at any time. Requests to unpublish must be sent in writing and will be satisfied within 3 business days.
- Word Count: If you write your story using Microsoft Word, the word count is usually displayed in the bottom left corner. If you can’t find the word count in the editing program that you use, you might find this online tool helpful:
Word Counting Tool
- Original Content: To check that your article has all original content (not published anywhere else online), use this free online service:
How to Submit a Guest Post
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If Your Guest Post is Ready
You can attach a document with your Guest Post to your email or paste the contents into the body of email.
Make sure to include:
- your real full name
- the name under which you want to publish your post
- the title for your post
- feel free to include a bio (up to 100 words)
If Your Guest Post is Still an Idea
Email us your idea: the topic and a few bullet points – the main sections of the future Guest Post. Include your full name, We’ll get back to you within 3 business days.
Thank you for your interest to submit a guest post on HomeyHawaii.com!